Getting Involved is Easy.
If you enjoy the history and culture of California, consider nature, helping others, being a volunteer at the Dana Adobe. DANA hosts over 7,000 visitors annually from around the world. DANA always needs additional volunteers to answer questions, assist with events and interpret life on the Rancho. Volunteering at the beautiful 130 acres Rancho is a very rewarding experience. DANA has flexible volunteer opportunities.
Ways to Volunteer-
- Become a Docent
- Guide visitors through the Dana Adobe and Cultural Center museum.
- Do hands on activities with elementary school-aged students during field trips
- Summer Day Camp during June and July
- Knows the history of the Dana Family Rancho
- Gives weekend tours of the Adobe and Cultural Center from 11-3 Saturdays & Sundays
- Do hands-on activities with elementary school-aged students during onsite scheduled field trips Th & F during the school year; those activities include, but are not limited to-Nature Walks & Nature Sketching, Brick Making, Tortilla Making, and Rancho Era Dancing
- Regular volunteering
- Summer Day Camp
- Be a special event volunteer
- Help plan, coordinate, and staff concerts, events, fundraisers, and exhibits.
- Become a part of the DANA Volunteer Force
- These volunteers help with landscaping, minor maintenance, special projects on the DANA property.
- Office Help
- Be a part of them that keeps the DANA moving. Whether its answering questions, greeting visitors, answering the phones, helping with mailings, or office duties.
Docent? Call (805) 929-5679 or email DANA@danaadobe.org
Want to take your volunteer service to the next level? The Dana Adobe Nipomo Amigos (DANA) are the caretakers of the fully restored and oldest historic home in San Luis Obispo County, the Dana Adobe.
DANA, established in 1999, is a local nonprofit and dedicated to protecting, preserving, and providing public access to the Dana Adobe Cultural Center while sharing the stories of early California history (Rancho era), and inspiring stewardship of our natural and cultural resources. DANA is dedicated to community-based action, advocacy, and education.
In the last 20 years, DANA has raised over 9 million dollars towards- land acquisition, historic restoration, the development of the Dana Adobe Cultural Center, a 130-acre park encompassing the historic home, a nature education program, a museum, trail system, and demonstration gardens.
Our Committees Include:
- Board of Directors
- Collections Committee
- Exhibit Planning
- Landscape and Garden Planning
- Event Planning
- Education Programs
Interested in joining a committee? Call (805) 929-5679 or email email@example.com
Current Volunteer information
Please click here to fill out timesheet!