DANA SUMMER DAY CAMP
Registration is now closed for 2020
In today’s increasingly technologically-focused society, it’s more important than ever for children to have meaningful interactions with nature and history. The Dana Adobe Nipomo Amigos (DANA) Summer Day Camp program for kids offers a wide arrangement of hands-on activities and lessons that help to engage children and teach them the importance of nature, culture, and Rancho era history.
DANA Summer Day Camp takes place each day Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 12 PM with a snack around 10:30 AM. DANA will be offering complimentary snacks for campers. Each day will feature activities that are geared towards teaching campers about a particular topic.
July 27 – July 31
9 AM–12 PM
DANA Adobe & Cultural Center in Nipomo, California located at 671 South Oakglen Avenue
$150 per child*
$75 for every additional child*
First 10 families will receive a $50 scholarship towards their registration fee, thanks to Rotary Club of Nipomo. For information about scholarship opportunities, email us at Krissy@danaadobe.org.
Registration closes July 13th or when we reach 30 children.
payment is due upon registration or your campers spot will not be saved!
Summer Day Camp FAQ regarding COVID-19
We are excited to have your child join us for our summer day camp. The safety and health of our campers and staff is always the highest priority at DANA Adobe & Cultural Center (“DACC”). With COVID-19 in California, we have reviewed and updated our health-related procedures. We are taking every precaution to keep your family and ours safe.
- When and where is summer camp?
Summer day camp is July 27th – 31st from 9am – 12pm at DACC in Nipomo, California. We are accepting registration now. We will have a cap of how many campers will attend, so be sure to register as soon as possible!
- What if DACC must cancel camp due to COVID-19?
If you are registered for camp and DACC has to cancel, you will receive a full refund or can transfer to a later week if camp is postponed.
- Should I send my child to camp this summer?
DACC believes that outdoor activities with peers is essential. We hope you agree! Now more than ever, kids need to feel free, connect with others and get some fresh air.
- How will drop off work and pick up work?
Drop off is from 8:45 -9 am and pick up is 12-12:15 pm. Please no early or late campers! Parents will not need to leave their car for drop off. They can pull into a parking spot and a DACC employee will come to your car to check your child in and out. Parent/Guardian will need to bring a form of ID to check child out from summer day camp. If parent/guardian is unable to pick up camper, a note must be provided with the name and phone number of the person who is picking them up.
- What precautions and procedures will DACC summer day camp be taking due to COVID-19?
DACC will be following the CDC guidelines and recommendations provided in the American Camp Association field guide for keeping campers, staff and volunteers safe.
Cleaning & Safety Procedures:
- Campers may only attend if they show no signs of illness. (refer to CDC guidelines for symptoms)
- All summer camp staff will attend mandatory safety training that will include health information about proper hygiene such as washing hands, avoiding touching one’s face and social distancing.
- As campers, staff and volunteers arrive for camp, their temperatures will be checked utilizing a contactless digital thermometer. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be directed to seek appropriate medical care and will not be allowed to participate in summer day camp.
- DACC utilizes cleaning products and protocols which meet CDC guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses and bacteria. The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in the summer day camp areas and stations. Shared equipment will be sanitized before and after each use. Tables, phones, hard surfaces, handles, play equipment and frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the camp day.
Summer Day Camp Procedures:
- Camp will have a cap on the number of campers permitted to register and campers will be spread out as much as possible.
- Campers will be split up in to groups of 8 or less.
- Monday paperwork will include a form verifying the child has no temperature or symptoms of illness.
- Campers will immediately wash their hands after being checked in.
- DACC requires campers to bring a jacket in a paper bag with the name on jacket and bag. Jacket will stay at DACC until the end of the day Friday.
- Parents will not be allowed in the camp classrooms.
- Summer day camp will be outdoors with enough air circulation and spacing.
- Masks will be required while indoors (ex. Visiting gift shop and using restroom).
- Snacks, water and juice will be provided and distributed by a food safety manager who will be wearing a mask and gloves.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD or DRINKS unless your camper has a medical necessity, which will require a doctors note.
- Snacks will be outside at picnic tables, benches or on sidewalks under a covered area. Only 4 campers per table and 2 campers per bench will be allowed to maintain safe distances.
- Frequent hand washing will be incorporated into the daily routine of each camper.
- Sharing of objects will be discouraged. Each camper will have their own pen, paper, clipboard and etc. to be used while at camp.
- Signage will be posted reminding employees, parents and campers of distancing guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers will be placed at each station throughout the property.
Additional information about CDC guidelines regarding summer camp please visit
For more information about our summer day camp please contact Krissy@danaadobe.org
First-Time Camper Tips!
Clothing: Campers should dress appropriately for the weather. We also recommend that they bring along a hat and light jacket every day.
Shoes: Closed-toed shoes are required for your child’s safety.
Sunscreen: All of our activities require campers to be outdoors, so please make sure that they are wearing sunscreen before dropping them off at camp. We are not allowed to apply sunscreen to your child.