Coloring Contest for NatureFest: Get Nurtured by Nature
Due to the closed status of DANA because of COVID-19, the deadline for coloring contest submissions is extended to an unknown date as of this time. The final date will be updated as the health conditions and precautions change. Therefore the announcement of selected paintings is also unknown at this time. Please check the website weekly for updates. Thank you for participating and stay safe.
The DANA Cultural Center in Nipomo, is a place where people of all ages can once again connect with nature. DANA will host a NatureFest to engage the community in re-discovering how a lifestyle that includes time spent in nature is essential to the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of all of us. This free event will feature informational booths about community organizations that are involved in nature.
This year we want to include the Children in a Coloring Contest.
All entries will be showcased at our NatureFest for the students to come and see with their families.
There will be two age group winners, one from 1st through 3rd grade and one from 4th through 6th.
The two winners artwork will be used as the official 2020 NatureFest Logo and included on all Advertising for the event.
The rules are as follows:
NatureFest Coloring Contest Rules & Regulations
- This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winning.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase odds of winning.
- Contest is open to all school age children
- Contest begins February 10, 2020 at 8 AM PST- UNTIL further notice the contest is on going!
- Submit your entry one of three ways:
BRING IT: Bring your entry to the Dana Adobe Cultural Center 671 S. Oakglen Ave. Nipomo, Ca 93444
MAIL IT: Mail it to Dana Adobe Cultural Center 671 S. Oakglen Ave. Nipomo, Ca 93444
POST IT Post your entry to Instagram and tag: @danaadobe #danaadobeNatureFest
- Entry must include your full name, age (at time of entry), a legal guardian’s contact email address and phone number. If entering via Instagram, this information may be provided if Dana Adobe messages you to notify you of a win.
- Entry must be received no later than 5 PM PST on March 6.
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- There are no restrictions on what an entrant can use to color the image.
- Entries will be judged by DANA staff based on:
- Creativity, concept and vision.
- Coloring skill and overall artistic ability according to that age category.
- Entrants will be judged in the following age categories: 1st through 3rd grade and one from 4th through 6th.
11.Two Winners will be selected to be used as the official 2020 NatureFest Logo.
- Winners will be determined by the judges in their sole discretion. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
- The name, age, city, and state of each winner will be posted on the DANA website and may appear on DANA Social Media.
- All entries become the property of DANA and may be used or reproduced in any manner and for any purpose by DANA without additional consent or compensation, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- By participating, contest entrants:
- Represent that they have complied with these Official Contest Rules
- Have received parental consent and grant DANA the right to use his or her name
- Release DANA from all and all liability in connection with this Contest
- DANA is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or incomplete/incorrect entries.